Adyar Eco Park Chennai (Tholkappia Poonga)
Tholkappia Poonga Chennai
- Adyar poonga eco park also called as “Tholkappia Poonga”.
- This park was started in the year 2011 by Tamilnadu Government.
- This park was opened by former Chief minister M.Karunanidhi on 22nd January 2011.
- The name “Tholkappia Poonga” was kept as remembrance of Tamil Scholar “Tholkappiar.
- This park was intially started to develop the vegetation in coromondal coast of Tamilnadu.
- This Adyar Poonga Eco Park includes tropical dense evergreen forest, trees, shrubs, 160 woody species, lianas, epiphytes, herbs and tuberous species.
- School students can visit adyar eco park with their teachers for regular education programme.
Adyar Eco Park Timings
Tuesday - 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm
Thursday - 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm
Saturday - 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
Saturday - 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm
60 per Session
Closed on All Public Holidays
Adyar Eco Park Entry Fee
Guided Tours - Rs.20 (per person)
Car/Jeep parking - Rs.20 (per vehicle)
Van/Bus parking - Rs.50 (per vehicle)
Still Camera - Rs.50 (per camera)
Video Camera - Rs.100 (per camera)
Education Programme for Schools - Rs.5 (per person)
Book Adyar Eco Park Online
Register to visit the Adyar Eco Park Chennai. Advance online booking for Tholkappia poonga Adyar Chennai.
Book here - Chennairivers.gov.in/onlinebooking/
Adyar Ecological Park Address
Adyar Eco Park
Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai-600028
Adyar Eco Park Photos
Watch Adyar Eco Park Video Tour