District for Nature Lovers
Theni town is the headquarters of Theni District in Tamilnadu. This district was separated from Madurai on the year 1996. After separating, three taluks like Uttama-Palayam, Periyakulam and Andipatti were come under this district. This district is located on the bank of River Mullai Periyar. This district is fully covered with Natural Wealth. Theni is well known for products like Cardamom, cotton, chili and textiles. Also, Suruali Falls, Kumbakarai Falls and Megamalai Falls are the three beautiful water falls located here.
As, this district was separated from Madurai. It should be ruled by Great Emperors like Pandyas, Cholas, Madurai Sultanate, Vijayanagar Empire, Madurai Nayaks, Chanda Sahib, Carnatic Kingdom and finally British.
- Total Area : 3, 242.3 sq.kms.
- Total Population : 10, 93,950
- Rainfall : 832.8 mm
- Climate Condition : Max.40.5*c and Min.16.0*c
- STD Code : 04546
- Pin Code : 625531
- Railway Station : Theni Railway Station, Railway Feeder Road, Theni.
- Bus Stand : Theni Bus Stand, Near Navamani Thanga Maligai, Theni.
- Airport : Nearest Airport – Madurai (76 kms.)
Places of Interest
Famous Tourist and Important Places, you can find around Theni are
- Balasubramaniya Temple
- Bodi Medu
- Cloud Land Falls (Chinna Suruli)
- Kamatchiamman Temple
- Kannagi Temple
- Kumbakarai Falls
- Mavoothu Vellapar Temple
- Suruli Falls
- Seran’s Fun Park
- Sothupparai Dam
- Sri Saneeswaran Temple, Kuchanur
- Grapes Cultivation
- The Kailasanathar Temple
- Theertha Thotti
- Tiger Falls
- Vaigai Dam
- Veerapandi Gowmariamman Temple
- Veerappa Ayyanar Statue
- Velli Malai Murugan Temple
Festivals in Theni
- Gowmariyamman Temple Festival, Veerapandi
- Veerappa Ayyanar Festival
- Kamatchi Amman Festival Devadhanapatti
- Saneeswaran Temple Festival, Kuchanoor
- Jallikattu, Pongal Festival, Uthamapalayam
- Chitra Pournami Festival, Sri Mangala Devi Kannagi Temple, Gudalur
- Masi Maham and Shivarathri Festival, Kamatchi Amman Temple